Optimising WordPress blogs for SEO searches will attract more viewers, build website authority, make it easier to find quality links and help to monetise blogs and websites through subscription newsletters, PPC advertising, attracting more viewers and creating better user experiences, which result in higher sales conversion rates. WordPress plug-ins and technical site-management and user-analytics tools can help blog owners optimise their sites, generate active and passive income and attract reputable links and build trust, loyalty and domain authority.
Taking the First Critical Steps for Creating Stronger SEO Performance
If blog owners only take away one concept from this blog post, they should remember that focusing on a unique keyword for each blog post is critically important. Each landing page should concentrate on a keyword or group of words, which are known as long-tail keywords, because creating this internal structure provides an exact match when search engines assess the best matches for generic searches.
1. Focus keywords can be single words, phrases, concepts or questions.
2. Popular blogs often write about similar subjects, so owners can distinguish their landing pages by choosing longer descriptive keywords.
3. The WordPress SEO tool will show how many times the focus keyword is used in a blog post.
4. Exercising keyword restraint makes sense because search engines penalise websites that use keywords too frequently.
5. Use one focus keyword per post, and editors should use the phase in titles, meta and image descriptions, text and excerpts.
6. The WP SEO plug-in by Yoast makes it easy to optimise titles and descriptions.
7. Yoast is free and optimises images, videos, content and titles for SEO searches.
Introductory Content Organises Material
Many WordPress blog site owners begin by rattling off facts and figures with little regard for providing traditional introductions. An introduction not only summarises the subject of the blog but also makes it easy for search engines to find relevant keywords and content to match generic searches.
General WordPress Tips to Improve Search Engine Visibility
Large companies might have dedicated staffs and personal relationships with Google so that they can correct poor rankings or ranking-factor updates quickly, but small business websites and blogs need to improve their visibility to search engines through WordPress plug-ins, content management and SEO techniques.
Provide a Clean Site Architecture
Broken links could damage domain authority, so take time to remove damaged, broken or expired links. Publish a site map to make it easier to locate internal content. The Google XML Sitemap or WPSEO plug-in makes a powerful SEO tool by organising website copy clearly so that search robots can find matching content. The map works in the background and provides search engines an index to each area of the site. Site maps also refresh after editors add new content, and WordPress plug-ins will send the updated material to key search engines automatically.
1. Link keywords to dedicated category pages on the blog such as “Best of Blog Posts” or “Questions and Answers” sections.
2. Prevent duplicate content by capping links, planning linking strategy and avoiding duplicate content in sidebars and templates.
3. Choose the most popular posts instead of those that the owner prefers. The goal is to encourage viewers and not to reinforce bloggers’ opinions.
4. WordPress analytics tools reveal blog statistics to determine the most popular posts.
5. FAQ sections allow relevant internal and external links and prove popular with viewers.
Categories serve as a table of contents and tags work like book indexes, so make use of WordPress categories, tags and linking functions to optimise sites, help viewers find related posts and provide clean links to existing content.
Verify Website Authorship
Set up authorship mark-up for better SEO by registering with Google to verify original blog posts. Add links to the website and be sure to include profile information and a good photo, which will add authority to posts and strengthen SEO visibility. The photo might appear in Google searches.
Engage in Guest Blogging and Social Media Marketing
Adding quality links includes authoritative guest posts, posting on other sites and taking part in relevant or preferred social media posts. The Social Media Widget and Social Media Feather allow blog editors to add social sharing buttons and icons easily on websites without needing to understand HTML coding. Add these icons to all posts, pages, newsletters and emails to make it easy for viewers to share links and content.
Submit Blog Posts to Search Engines
Many plug-ins and resources will help to send fresh content to search engines. Make sure that content is quality writing without spelling and grammar errors. Valid code is critical, and owners should keep a targeted list of preferred search engines and have URL addresses ready to send to search engines, social media sites, preferred customers, syndication sites and directories. Owners should have at least 10 posts on their sites before promoting their blogs and should only submit updates once a month to search engines.
Blog owners can use many methods of increasing web traffic, and WordPress capabilities and plug-ins make it easy to perform SEO tips and tricks to optimise blog posts, attract viewers and increase income. Millions of companies use WordPress as their primary content management system including huge organisations such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Digg, Playstation, CNN, Ford and many others. Using WordPress means that owners understand the financial benefits of open source software, but getting full value depends on managing SEO techniques effectively instead of just relying on default settings and basic WordPress software.